What is Title I, Part A?
Being a Title I, Part A school means receiving federal funding to supplement the school’s existing programs. These dollars can be used for…
- Identifying students experiencing academic difficulties and providing timely assistance to help these students meet the State’s challenging content standards.
- Purchasing supplemental: staff, programs, materials, and supplies.
- Conducting parent and family engagement meetings, training's, and activities.
Title I is the largest federal assistance program for our nation’s schools. The amount of money given to each school depends on the number of low-income families enrolled in the school.
Goals of Title I
- Increase academic achievement.
- Provide direct instructional support to students.
- Provide professional development for teachers.
- Promote parent and family education and involvement.
Title I Events
October 26, 2022 - Annual Title I Night
December 06, 2022 - BINGO for Books
January 27, 2023 - Cooking with Math
April 04, 2023 - Stem Night